Saturday 12 June 2010

Boy's Birthday Card

Birthday card with the party invitation I used underneath it.

Raised hat, belt, shoes, flag and sail

Caleb's been getting quite a few invitations to his friends' birthday parties and I have to admit to buying some of the cards instead of making them :< However, when this invitation came in I just knew I had to make a card - I couldn't resist that little pirate!

To make it, I photocopied the invitation onto white cardstock (twice) and cut around the pirate and the ship.  On the second image I just cut the hat, belt, shoes, flag and sail. On a white 12x12 card blank I stamped anchors (woodware stamp set) with Baby Blue chalk ink.  On a scrap of white card I stamped the sentiment in Black stazon ink and inked the edges with blue.  On white card I used a ruler and fine black pen to draw dashed lines along the edges. This card was then matted onto blue card with some red grosgrain ribbon in between.  I added the smaller pieces of pirate to the main image with foam pads for a 3D effect then glued the finished pirate to the white/blue card. You can't see it in the photos but I added glossy accents to the hat, belt, jacket, socks and portholes on the ship.

Thanks for stopping by today x