Saturday 24 July 2010

Photo album covered in My Mind's Eye papers

This is another of the covered photo albums for a baby girl.  I absolutely love the My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary collection of papers.  They are excellent quality for covering these albums.  At the end of the post I have a picture of the album before it was covered.  The name 'Hannah' was cut from chipboard using the Cuttlebug and the 'Olivia' dies and inked with rose red versacolor ink.  The butterfly, hearts and swirl are all chipboard, cut with Sizzix dies.

The flower is cut using a Cuttlebug die (I can't remember which one) and I cut it out with patterned paper, again with pink shimmer card and lastly with green card. I replaced the inner petals with the pink shimmer card and the centre with green.  The hearts were inked with versacolor rose red ink and covered with glossy accents.  While that was wet I spinkled them lightly with DecoArt glamour dust.

For the butterfly I covered chipboard with the stripe paper and cut it out with a Sizzix die.  Then cut it again with pink shimmer card.  I cut out just the body of the pink shimmer butterfly and glued it on top of the stripe butterfly.  I doodled some hearts and dots on it with permanent black pen. 

This is the album I started with.  I just took it all apart, covered it inside and out and then glued it back together again.  Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by today :)

Sarah xx

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

The before picture is not very inspiring but the finished result is an absolute show stopper! I love the way you add all the little details.

Lynne in NI said...

OMGosh Sarah, this is a total stunner! Bet it will be treasured!