Saturday 28 August 2010

Birthday - For my Wife


This was a last minute card I made for Dad to give to Mum.  I just couldn't think of what to make but it eventually came together in the end :)

The paper is American Crafts double sided and I cut a wavy line with a craft knife and turned one side over overlapping slightly.  I hand stitched the two pieces together with two lines of straight stitches and stitched the two corners of the pink paper.  I then matted it onto brown card. 

For the die cuts I used nestabilies Labels One (brown card) and Labels Four (white card).  The clear stamp used for the image is by Recollections and I coloured it with Copics and added star dust stickes glitter glue to the flower and leaves.  The sentiment is computer generated (anke calligraphic font) and cut out with a nestabilites labels trio die. I tied the brown organza ribbon around the mat before adhering it to the base card.  The little white pearls are Papermania.

Have a great weekend!
Sarah x

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautiful - as always Sarah! Hope you had a lovely holiday. Vx

Lynne in NI said...

Aww its a beautiful card Sarah - gorgeous papers and I'm lovin your stitched corners too! Bet your Mum was delighted with this!