Wednesday 11 May 2011

7th Birthday

Good morning :)

A special birthday card for a special boy today. I love this little stamp although this is the first time I've inked it up. Too many stamps as my Mum would say to me..... Mum's not a crafter so fails to understand why I buy more.....and more.... She indulges me though and brings home a suitcase full of goodies every time she visits Australia - Thanks Mum!

Anyway, back to this card...


 

 A close up of the curled edges

The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride and the stamp is from Elzybells (which sadly closed down) I paper pieced the boy using blocks of colour from the large spot paper and chalked the edges with brown chalk before gluing on the image.  The rest I coloured with copics and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink. To add detail to the t-shirt I found a little star stamp (studio g) which I stamped in matching paper and glued on the front.  The sentiment is computer generated using Splendid 66 & Indy Pimp fonts.  The buttons are from my stash and I tied East of India twisted paper string through the holes.

I better go now and blow dry my hair and hang some washing out as Phoebe will be home from Nursery shortly and I'll not have a minutes peace.

Have a great day wherever you are!
Sarah x

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi Sarah, this is lovely and colourful! Sure to make someone very happy. Mothers never understand the mess you HAVE to make while crafting either lol! Ruth x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Lol Ruth - too true!!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love the sweet image and it looks great paper pieced too.
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! Love the image, papers and the fab buttons! xx

Wishcraft said...

Great card Sarah, love the curled up edges and fab colours. Aww Elzybells... always feel a bit sad when I see one of their fab images, such a shame they closed! Lisa x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a sweet image! It looks great on that bright background too. You have a very special mum Sarah - and not just because she brings you crafting goodies! Vx