Saturday 14 May 2011

Belated Birthday

I made this card last week for a very good friend and I knew by the time it would be delivered to her, it would be late, so I made it belated. The sentiment stamp is from a Personal Impressions stamp set and I love all the sentiments in it.  I hate sending late cards but sometimes it happens!


 Close up of the decoupaged bow

On the base card I took my SU paper piercing template and used it as a guide to prick holes along the outside edge.  I stitched a running stitch around it with pink embroidery thread.  Then I cut a smaller square of white card and embossed it with a Sizzix large dots embossing folder.
I stamped the Magnolia cupcake on white card, cut it out with a circle nestie die and coloured with copics.
I stamped the cupcake again on scrap card, coloured the bow and cut it out.  I then decoupaged it on top using pinflair glue gel. I used a glue pen and some Glamour dust to add sparkle to the icing on the cake.
I stamped the sentiment on scrap card, cut it out and glued it to the base card ( I did stamp it on the card base first but it was wonky - even though the stamp is clear I still couldn't stamp it straight!)  So I had to do a cover up job....

Thank you for visiting again today and believe it or not I do have more projects to share with you! I am definitely feeling the benefits of my operation now and my energy levels are on the up :)

Sarah x

4 comments:

Jingle said...

This is SO adorable! I love it!

Jenny said...

Lovely card Sarah, that cake looks so yummy :)
I think I have that sentiment set...you can never have too many sentiment stamps;)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card again Sarah! xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm so pleased you're feeling so much better - you are certainly being productive and I'm really enjoying catching up with your blog! I love your cup cake card with the decoupage bow and that pretty stitched border. Vx