Saturday 3 March 2012

Scrapbook page for CCW (March) Scrap Map

Good Morning!
Well.....we're into March and as it's the first Saturday of the month it's time for a new scrap map challenge at Creative Craft World.
The sketch this month has a heart theme, which for me is perfect for Mother's Day :)

If you've never scrapbooked before I would urge you to give it a try ~ I'm just starting out and I really enjoy it.  To enter the challenge all you have to do is use the sketch for guidance and you can use any papers/embellishments you like!  If you like a kit, you can buy a monthly one here and at under £10 it's excellent value :)

I decided to make this page about my Mum who is just the best! She's always there to help and is especially good at ironing ;) .........thanks Mum!


The papers are Bo Bunny -  'Sophie'.  I distressed the base paper around the edges and inked with vintage photo distress ink. The hearts and title are cut with the Cameo and the hearts were distressed the same as the page.
I added pearls near the bottom of each heart and a seam binding bow to the largest heart.


The chipboard flower is from the same Bo Bunny range and I added pearls to the centre for some dimension. The flowers underneath are Green Tara and are inked with vintage photo distress ink. The pin is from my stash and I tied pink seam binding at the top of it.


The lace ribbon was sent to me by my lovely friend Meryl in Australia and this was the last little bit of it.  I inked it with distress ink as well and used glue dots to hold the folds in place. The butterfly is from the same chipboard pack as the flower and I added pearls to it as well....can you tell I like pearls yet?? lol


If you're reading this and it's before 9am in the morning then that's good ~ it means the blog scheduling worked! and I should still be in the land of nod.... I hope :) 
I've warned the children that I would really like to wake up naturally ......not by having my face squeezed and asked if it's morning and is it time to get up yet!!

Have a lovely day whatever you're doing :)
Take care
Sarah xx

5 comments:

*Nora* said...

Hi Sarah!

I love your take on the sketch! Such a sweet layout! I'm beginning to think that I 'need' a cameo now LOL looks like so much fun especially with cutting out titles!

Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

xxx
Nora

Jenny said...

You've a real flair for scrapbookng Sarah and your tempting me to scrap some photos too:0)
Love all the little pearl accents and that title is just so delicate, that's one amazing machine to cut that detail!!
It's a beautiful page with so much to look at..... My Mum is just the best too :0)
Jenny x

Joy said...

This is a beautiful page Sarah. You know I might just have a go at this lay out myself. Just need to think of the right photo to use. Hmmm thinking cap on .... Got no idea how to upload it for a challenge tho!! Lol.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a real treat your page is Sarah! I love it from start to finish with all its gorgeous details. And it's true - your mum IS the best! Vicky x

Trish said...

Great page Sarah - I love the vintage look!
T xx